Our Essential Beliefs
While we embrace the often-used statement, “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity,” it is necessary to define what we see as the essentials as follows:
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man. Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended to heaven, where He is our Advocate.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict people of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and ministry.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, without error in the original writings, and is the final authority for all Christians.
- We believe in God’s saving grace that calls all people to faith, repentance, confession, baptism by immersion, and a new life and ministry through the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all humankind: the believer in Christ into everlasting joy, and the unbeliever into judgment.